About This Blog...

I started this blog as a means of promoting my Etsy Shop. Most of the items here I have sold, or are for sale there. Take a peek. I think you'll like it.

Sunday, December 2, 2012

A Duh! Moment...Templates

TEMPLATES...Why didn't I think of this sooner?...Duh!
Most of the stuff I upcycle is made from scavenged bits and pieces that were never really ment to go together. I got these great furniture feet of an old ottoman and wanted to put them on a trunk, but there  was no easy way for me to transfer location of the existing bolt holes of the legs to the bottom of the trunk.

After trying a few different methods I wondered how real furniture guys do this, and then it hit me. They have a factory, special tools, plans, and TEMPLATES!!!
I traced the top of the legs onto cardboard, poked a pencil through the bolt holes and used my template to locate the holes on the trunk!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment